Environments that Support Risk Taking – Module 3
This module is rooted in an Online Conversation held with Susan Stacey at Early Learning Café. This Community of Learning module is the third of a four-part series about risk-taking in early learning programs, environments and classrooms.
In Module 3 we consider how the words we use to describe spaces reflect and shape our practice.
This series has been updated in 2020 to include thinking about COVID-19 as a part of risk-taking in early learning environments.
Susan Stacey is an author of several professional books. She is an educator, college professor, presenter, and early childhood consultant.
This module includes:
- Video presentation
- Leader’s Guide that is a companion to the video. The Leader’s Guide supports an educator, pedagogical leader, teacher trainer, staff manager, or teacher of teachers to engage with others in group learning.
The Leader’s Guide includes suggestions for facilitating groups online and in-person.
The Leader’s Guide includes:
- How to prepare for the group learning
- Ice breaker activity
- Strategies for interspersing small and large group discussions with watching and listening to the video
- Reflective questions that help participants relate ideas from the video to their unique experiences and contexts
- Timing for discussions and activities
- Additional information and resources for further study
- Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) form
All components of this module are downloadable. The video can also be streamed, and the pedagogical leader’s guide accessed live through Early Learning Café.
How much time does this module take?
This module offers 60 -120 minutes of professional learning.
Modules may be shared with educators in a single time block. Alternatively, these modules may be broken into smaller time chunks to guide professional learning over time.
The amount of professional learning time will depend on variables set by the facilitator:
- Whether the icebreaker is used
- The amount of reflection time the facilitator allows in large and small group discussions
- Whether none, some, or all of the additional resources in the pedagogical leader’s guide are utilized
- The number of participants who engage in this professional learning at one time
Packages are copyrighted by Early Learning Café. Each purchase entitles the purchaser unlimited access for educational purposes within their organization and is not to be shared electronically. Business-for-profit use is prohibited.